For those tasty little energy bombs you need:
- 15g vanilla protein powder
- 100g shredded coconut
- 60g creamed coconut
- 15g xylitol
- 40g fiber syrup
- 150g sugar-free chocolate for the glaze
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut drink
At 1st mix all the dry ingredients together. So put protein powder, the shredded coconut, the matcha and xylitol in a bowl and mix everything. Warm up the creamed coconut to create a smooth consistency. Mix all the liquid ingredients with the dry and stir everything as good as possible. Put everything in the fridge for about an hour. Meanwhile, you can melt the chocolate over a water bath at low temperature.
Now you can from small balls out of the prepared coconut mass, I used a cake pop maker so all the balls have the same size. Glaze the coconut balls with the melted chocolate and let it dry on a baking sheet. After the glaze is hardened, the balls are ready to be eaten. Put them in an airtight container and they will stay fresh for about a week.
Note: You can exchange the xylitol with any desired sweetener. You can also replace the fiber syrup with honey, maple syrup, agave syrup ... all depends on your claims! (vegan, low carb, paleo, …)
Let’s have a quick look at the ingredients …
For 2 servings you need the following:
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 200g chicken breast
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 can chickpeas (250g drained)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds (preferably in a tea strainer to prevent biting on one of them later)
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of chili powder (I used chipotle)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- salt and pepper
I try to use as much organic, seasonal and local products as possible because the meal can only be as good as the products that are used to create it.
Now we come to preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 356 °F and heat a pan on the stove with the coconut oil in it. Meanwhile, wash the chicken breast, pat dry and season it with salt and pepper. Fry the meat on both sides and set aside.
- Roast chopped onion and tomato paste in the remaining oil and pour in broth. Add chickpeas and seasonings, bring to a boil, add the tomatoes and put everything in a small baking dish.
- Now place the meat on the vegetables and pour the remaining meat juice over it. Finally, put a sprig of rosemary on each chicken breast and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- After the end of cooking the outcome should look like on the following image and is now ready for serving.
I cut the chicken in strips so it looks a little nicer and you could put it directly into your mouth! : D
Nutritional information for the entire meal: 581kcal / 52,3 C / 9.3 F / 64.3 P
I wish you good luck and enjoy cooking!