Let’s have a quick look at the ingredients …
For 2 servings you need the following:
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 200g chicken breast
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 can chickpeas (250g drained)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds (preferably in a tea strainer to prevent biting on one of them later)
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of chili powder (I used chipotle)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- salt and pepper
I try to use as much organic, seasonal and local products as possible because the meal can only be as good as the products that are used to create it.
Now we come to preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 356 °F and heat a pan on the stove with the coconut oil in it. Meanwhile, wash the chicken breast, pat dry and season it with salt and pepper. Fry the meat on both sides and set aside.
- Roast chopped onion and tomato paste in the remaining oil and pour in broth. Add chickpeas and seasonings, bring to a boil, add the tomatoes and put everything in a small baking dish.
- Now place the meat on the vegetables and pour the remaining meat juice over it. Finally, put a sprig of rosemary on each chicken breast and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- After the end of cooking the outcome should look like on the following image and is now ready for serving.
I cut the chicken in strips so it looks a little nicer and you could put it directly into your mouth! : D
Nutritional information for the entire meal: 581kcal / 52,3 C / 9.3 F / 64.3 P
I wish you good luck and enjoy cooking!